Re: gnome/KDE

On Saturday 09 June 2001 10:16 pm, Margarete Hans wrote:
> What are the advantages/disadvantages of gnome and KDE? Basically,
> which one should I install?

Oh man... opening the doors to the furnace here...

I'd recommend downloading and trying both and deciding which you like then.
There are also other good alternatives like blackbox and Windowmaker. And
remember that you can use KDE programs in Gnome and vice versa (as I'm sure
most people do).

Gnome and KDE themselves are very very similar (they regularly borrow ideas
from each other and it all depends on where you feel most at home. Remember,
it's all at no cost (except download time and bandwidth) so why not?

- David Nusinow
   krmt1984@ucla.edu