Re: Installation problems

On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Philippe Clérié wrote:

>Best regards,
>Philippe Clérié (philippe@gcal.net)

No, boot-floppies puts in a fake inittab that runs first dpkg-reconfigure
base-config then the dselect or tasksel thing (where it asks you if you
want to use the simple or advanced methods) on tty1.  If you can do this
by hand, there's no real reason to deal with it, so just junk the fake
inittab then go on.  But this is seriously heavy duty stuff.  The reason
I was comfortable with it is I gave up on dselect long before tasksel was
an option, so I've been hand configuring initial setups for years now.
Basically, it's possible to get your system set up from the point you're
at, but it may just about be easier to re-set up your system with newer
boot-floppies.

--
There is no problem so great that it cannot be solved with suitable
application of High Explosives.