Re: Can't get Mozilla 0.9.1 to run -- Missing library?

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 04:05:38AM -0500, Debian User wrote:

>   I'm trying to get the latest build of Mozilla (0.9.1) to run and I'm
> running into this error:

mozilla is a right pain in the ass to do manually, wait a few days for
kitame to update his packages and there shall be powerpc builds at
penguinppc.

> ./mozilla-bin: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared object file: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory
>

> ./mozilla-bin IS present.  Here is the relevant portion of the  contents of
> the /usr/local/bin/mozilla0.9.1/mozilla directory:

its not mozilla-bin its bitching about, its ld.so bitching that it
can't locate a library.

[spam deleted]
> I simulated an install of the Woody Mozilla package
> (apt-get -s install mozilla) but the only package that needed to be installed
> was "mozilla", so I know, as far as the Debian Woody package of Mozilla goes,
> I should be fine.

the woody mozilla package is rediculously out of date, i recommend
installing my 0.9 packages and wait a few days for them to get updated
to 0.9.1.

> Any suggestions would be appreciated!

see above

deb http://penguinppc.org/~eb/mozilla ./