Re: installing unstable version

>>>>> "Jonathan" == Jonathan D Proulx <jon@ai.mit.edu> writes:

Jonathan> I've installed a number of "unstable" machines. My prefered
Jonathan> method is to use a "stable" CD or floppy install and when
Jonathan> prompted for install method, pick edit sources by hand
Jonathan> replacing "stable" with "unstable" or "testing" *except* for
Jonathan> the security.debian.org listing.

I've had reasonable success with that method as well. I would
recommend keeping the "stable" lines in sources.list and adding the
unstable/testing ones: testing (and I suppose unstable) lacks some
packages, and keeping stable in the listing makes life easier in those
cases.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <ggeens@capgemini.be>