Re: switching from lilo to grub

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 11:00:30AM -0700, Peter Hicks wrote:

> I wanted to make the switch from lilo to grub, and I was wondering what the
> proper procedure is. It could be as easy as apt-get install grub could it?

Mostly it is.  You'll want to get grub from woody or sid, though, as it
comes with a handy script ('grub-install') that's not available in the
potato version.

Once it's installed, consult the docs for info on how to write
/boot/grub/menu.lst.  It's the file that defined the contents of the
graphical menu that you get at boot time.  It's pretty simple.  On one
of my machines, it looks like this:

***
timeout 10

title ant