Re: How to change domain name???

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001 13:53:00 +1000, Ian wrote:

> The spots which come immediately to mind are
>
> change the entry in the /ets/hosts file <---- this
> change the entry in the /etc/hostname file <--- and this should match
> mailname in /etc
> run sendmailconfig (or the config for your mail program)
>

> Ian

Also, man hostname. You'll need to be root to use "hostname" to change the
hostname.  Then you'll need to change the name in several configuration
files (/etc/exim.conf, /etc/sendmail.conf /etc/hosts, /etc/bind/name,
/etc/apache/httpd.conf, /etc/motd, others I cant remember) takes time,
there must be a more elegant, and easier way, but I haven't figured out
that one yet.

--ptw

--
Paul T. Wright <paul@cvanet.com>