Re: [OT] windows networking issue

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 02:46:21AM +0200, Debian User Jean-Baptiste Note wrote:
> just by chance ...
> did you put the masquerading box as the default gateway for the win98 machine ?

I've tried it with and without, although never while the masquerading
box was connected to the wider internet (meaning that the gateway
itself had no default gateway at the time).  But since "ping" on the
windows box doesn't seem to send a signal to the ethernet hub (it
doesn't light the Rx light, and tcpdump doesn't show anything), I'm
not sure that this is it.

Thanks,

Rob

--
In West Union, Ohio, No married man can go flying without his spouse
along at any time, unless he has been married for more than 12 months.