Re: XFree86 cannot initialize NVdriver

i had this same problem because i was running devfsd, and nvidia device
files (/dev/nvidiactl char major 195 minor 255) would vanish on reboot.
the script makedevices.sh in nvidia kernel distribution used to make
this device. anyway, nvidia kernel always caused lockups for me, so i
couldn't use these drivers.