Re: [OT] LaTeX and \input{file}

    Johannes> I need to input a file as raw text (every linbreak must
    Johannes> be a linebreak, there are some backslashes in it etc.)
    Johannes> I tried \input[verbatim]{file}, but this does not what I
    Johannes> want it to (It gives an error message instead ;-) ) The
    Johannes> problem is: I do not want to make a second copy of the
    Johannes> file where I could put a \begin{verbatim} at the
    Johannes> beginning and an \end{verbatim} at the end.  Including
    Johannes> the whole text is not good, because this does not
    Johannes> improve the readability of the .tex file.  Any idea?

There is a package called verbatimfile, which I believe will do everything
you want.

I have:

%\usepackage{verbatimfile}

at the top of my file. Remove the comment character at the start.

unfortunately, it has been ages since I last used it. I think you do
something like

\verbatimfile{filename.txt}

to include the file, but not sure what the command is called. I
suspect there might be documentation somewhere in tetex-doc.

Also, beware, as IIRC, it can't properly handle special characters
(eg. TABs, which I had to expand out first). Always check to make sure
it comes out as expected, with no errors.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>