pump sometimes must be restarted (cable modem)?

Just wondering if this is a bug worth reporting or unique to me:
periodically (perhaps every other week) my Internet connection via
Optimum Online (Cablevision) freezes, and I have to kill and restart
pump in order to get everything freed up.  Yes, kill, pump -R does
not work.

I'm connecting to the 3Com cablemodem via a 3C905 card.  Debian
stable (apt-get upgraded every day) with currently no testing
software installed.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net