Re: Re. Total Confusion

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 10:47:32AM -0700, Sidney Brooks uttered:
> Using wvdial and minicom, I get connected, but then something happens and I
> do not get on the internet. wvdial keeps redialing, minicom stays where it
> is. ppp is apparently properly installed, judging by the relative logs, but
> pon does not work.
> When I type pon, I get the response "proxyarp option is disabled".

Uncomment the line 'proxyarp' in /etc/ppp/options.
If you're running potato, /etc/ppp/options should have almost every
concievable option, but if not, just put it in on a line by itself.

--
                                                    Steve
  "I'm a sysadmin because I couldn't beat a blind monkey in a coding contest."