Re: ssh authentication woes

Not exactly, but close (BTW, I'm a different Andrew :)) - a user with an X
server (of any type - Linux, U*x, Windows, etc.) and an ssh client can ssh
into a correctly-configured Linux (or U*x) machine and have X applications
running on the remote host automatically display locally using ssh
tunnelling. As a convenient by-product, these sessions are encrypted and
(usually) compressed.

The Linux box must be set up to allow X forwarding, and the user must use
the -X option (or have X forwarding set up by default).

   Andrew J. Perrin - Assistant Professor of Sociology
        University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
269 Hamilton Hall CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA
   andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin