Re: Help: Mouse under X in Testing

Steve Kowalik wrote:

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 09:23:14PM +0800, Tim Wood uttered:

I note a line saying that there is a problem with /dev/gpmdata but I have not started gpm.

Well then, there is your problem. X 4 (which is in woody) uses a different config file than X 3. /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.
It seems your mouse device is set to /dev/gpmdata (the gpm repeater)

Which, since you "have not started gpm", is not repeating.
Either start gpm so that it can repeat the data to X, or change the line /dev/gpmdata to /dev/psaux.