Re: postgresql-install problem!

El Lun 04 Jun 2001 16:53, escribiste:
> El Lun 04 Jun 2001 16:30, escribiste:
> > jramon wrote:
> >   >I have install postgresql-6.5 in a Debian 2.2.17  :
> >   >
> >   >- /etc/rc2.d/S20postgresql start up postmaster
> >   >- A system user, with appropiate permission, have run initdb OK
> >   >
> >   >When this user try to run createdb, system say:
> >   >
> >   >"Could not execv /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/createdb "
> >   >
> >   >where is the mistake!
> >
> > What are the permissions of that file? and of /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/?
> > It sounds as though something has happened to one of them.
> >
> > As a work-around you can create databases inside PostgresSQL with the
> > command

>   CREATE DATABASE databasename

Permissions of /usr/lib/postgres are:
drwxr-xr-x    2 postgres postgres     4096 Jun  4 15:34 bin

So, apt-get install postgresql have installed createdb in /usr/bin as ln ->
/usr/bin/pg_wrapper.

I don`t understand why system "try" to run /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/createdb

Regards

juanramon_fdez@terra.es
Canary Island