Re: Anyone know of any issues with this hardware?

Kent West wrote:

> I'm putting together a new computer; main OS=Debian; secondary=Win95.
>
> I'd like to be able to watch TV and play DVDs on the Linux side (don't
> care about the Win95 side). Is DVD and TVcard support mature enough yet
> for this to be practical? Are there any issues with the following
> hardware?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Abit KT7E ATX Motherboard
> AMD Duron 750MHz Socket A
> 128 MB SDRAM 16Mx64-7.5 PC-133 3.3V Unbuffered DIMM
> Cooler Master Heatsink + Fan
> Sound Blaster Ensoniq Audio PCI
> ALL-IN-WONDER 128 PRO 32MB AGP
> DVD-ROM Toshiba 16x int ATAPI
> IBM Deskstar 60 GXP IC35L020AVER07 20 GB ATA/100 Hard drive

I have been using a similar setup for last  6 mos. with no problems:
Abit KT7, Duron 700, Ensoniq  PCI, ATI rage fury pro 128 , IBM 75GXP.

Don't forget to set DMA on with hdparm for best  hd  performance.
Load es1371 module for sound.  To  configure XFree86-4 see:
http://avis.lightband.com/david/rage128-howto.html