Re: Re. Total Confusion

Sidney Brooks wrote:

More answers.

For Eamon Roque The last line of /etc/ppp/pap-secrets does in fact have username*password, both of which are correct.

For Steve Kowalik
    file /boot/vmlinuz<tab> gave me:
    vmlinuz     vmlinuz-2.2.19pre17

As I comparison, I did the same thing on my Redhat partition and got;
    vmlinuz        vmlinuz-2.2.14-5.0        vmlinuz-2.2.19pre17

The last one was added by me in order to make lilo boot the correct Debian kernel, as I described in a previous posting.

Now a question from me. Is there anything between BIOS and an operating system? How can the same difficulty appear in all versions of linux but not Windows or Beos?

It might be time to break this thread into two threads, with more descriptive subject lines. I know you've had trouble with printing, and I know you've had trouble with ppp, but I don't know which (if either) you've solved, and which this particular mail addresses, and exactly where you are in the process of either problem. Others on the list may be just as lost as me, so again, maybe you should start two new threads, say
   "Can print from Redhat but not Debian-HPDJ500C" or something similar
and
"Can connect to ISP in Win and BeOS but not RH nor Debian" or something similar

Then in each thread give a quick rundown of what the problem is, what you've tried, etc. Yes, you'll be repeating yourself from earlier emails, but this is a busy list and it's hard for list members to keep track of what someone has said in what thread three or four days ago.

Kent