Re: http-ssl

On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 08:47:20PM +0200, Eamon Roque wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 01:07:16PM -0500, ktb wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 08:04:46PM +0200, Eamon Roque wrote:
> > > I'm looking for the http-ssl package. I can't seem to find
> > > anything but documents that tell me about setting it up.
> > > Is there a Debian Server ( preferably in Germany ) that
> > > has this package?!
> >
> > Would apache-ssl work for you?  You can search for packages
> > in a variety of ways at -
> > http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages kent
> I'll try it out. In a security-howto I read, it only mentioned
> "http-ssl", so, I thought that there would be a
> server-independant solution.

i've been wondering about this, too --

lots of linux-in-general documents call the apache server
"httpd" instead of "apache". is this an old naming scheme?
or does debian repackage it as "apache"? and instead of
user/group "nobody" as is mentioned in many docs, on debian the
user/group defaults to "www-data/www-data".

comments?

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #34 from  Martin/madduck
: