Re: tabs / was [OT] Coding w/ vim

will trillich <will@serensoft.com> wrote:
>On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 06:17:46PM -0400, D-Man wrote:
><proselytizing>
>one tab, indent one level. done. (why clutter up your source
>code with all those spaces?) and if you really go overboard
>overindendinting a really deep algorithm, you can always
>redefine tabs to be 3-wide, or 2-wide. don't have to revisit all
>those extraneous spaces.
>
>but eight is for 1969-era wonks. eesh.
></proselytizing>

Personally, I still think that 8-space tabs are for people who like
their files to look right on the default state of any system. Other
schemes have caused me too many problems in the past when shifting from
one system to another for me to believe claims that they're good.

I have a distinct sense of déjà vu about this argument, though. :)