Re: How to configure Terratec souncard. (Potato)

Hi,

Joan og Jesper wrote:

> I have a Terratec ISA PnP sound card based on a AD1816 chip. (AD MPU401
> PnP says the Manual).
>
> I have read out following settings from WinNT: I/O: 0130-013F,
> 0330-0331, 0388-038B
>
> IRQ: 5, 7
>
> DMA: 1, 3
>
> I can't figure out how to add those settings in modconf (The syntax).

Are you sure about those numbers?  I have a ISA PnP Terratec Soundsystem
Base 1 and it only shows one irq and one io port range in use (values
taken from /proc/{interrupts,ioports}.  You might have a different card,
but the ad1816 driver will only take one irq and one io port range as a
parameter in any case.

Try the following

	modprobe ad1816		# this will insmod all modules ad1816 depends on

If this fails, try:

	insmod ad1816.o irq=5 dma=1 dma2=3 io=130

and play around with those values, until one works.  BTW, if you're
using a 2.4.x kernel, you can save yourself all the hassle and compile
ISA-PnP as a module.  Everything will work automagically in this case.

HTH,
Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld