Re: Using tar saving Disk-space [was: apt-get offline]

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Except the line
> tar -u $foo -f packages.tar
has to be changed into
  tar uf packages.tar

The script I was referring to is the one created by apt-get -qq
-print-uris etc.
I would have to add the above line to every downloaded package. I think
your foreach loop is easier

joerg

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.