Re: laptop instillation via a PCMICA cd rom

Hi

I just had a similar problem with a Libretto. I solved it by creating
a small DOS partition and using packet drivers and packet driver type
ftp software to ftp the basic files needed for an install (see the
Debian install documents on www.debian.org). Basically you need the
kernel and a couple of driver disks and the base system archive.

Once I ran the basic install off the DOS partition I switched the rest
of the install to FTP and installed from rest of the packages from a
Debian mirror site but you could equally well FTP from the CDs mounted
on a local machine. Also with a PCMCIA CDROM you could probably mount
that and install from it once the base system was installed from the
DOS partition.

Good luck

Pat