Re: SiS6326

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 03:58:04PM -0300, Miguel Griffa wrote:
| At 07:20 p.m. 06/06/01 +0100, Peter Paul Millard wrote:
| >Hello All
| >
| >I have the above card which fails to get started.
| >Storm does not have it on the web site as supported
| >progeny debian also said that they have had problems with all SiS cards but
| >will get it sorted on the next release
| >
| >Does not mean it does not work I have been trying 2.2r2 to get past this text
| >mode which xf86config will not work any ideas any body my monitor I have all
| >the vert and hoz figures.
|
| That card has been a real nigthmare to me. I finished by confiugring it

Doh!  Too bad I didn't know that before I bought my card.  The XFree86
website says it works...  Which xserver are you using, BTW?  The SVGA
one or the SiS one (the SiS one I found has a different prefix in the
name and seems to have been built by some company, I don't have the
box in front of me right now).

| manually. If you are intrested, I can send you the xf86config file from home.
| I could successfully use it with less memory than it has.

Yes!  Please send me your XF86Config file.  I have the same card (8MB
model) and haven't yet gotten X configured the way I want it (so I'm
still using it console-only, but I have gotten even more proficient
with bash :-)).  I was able to get 800x600 at ~16 bit color, I think,
but I want 1024x768 at 24 or 32 bpp (which I used to have with my
previous ATI Rage LT Pro).  Then I saw nice pink blocks when a window
or menu was closed.  I'm not sure if it was the card or the monitor
since I was using an old monitor that I don't have any specs for.

(I did read the man page and was configuring by hand, but I don't
think I quite "get it" yet)

-D