q ad junkbuster-config

Hi!

I´m using junkbuster for quite some time now, and am impressed and
 quite happy with it.

Now today I wanted to install it on some server of mine, to get its
 goods to some windoze-using friends of mine. I´ve configured it to
 listen on the external IP of the box, and connected there. But nope,
 doesn´t work. It listens there on the right port, takes
 tcp-connections but refuses to do the proxy-job ("TCP connection
 to 'www.blafasel.at' failed: Operation not permitted.").

After some hours of tweaking around and even with a debugger on the
 source I wasn´t really much further. Until I discovered that when I do
 not only put the clients IP in the acl-file, but also the external IP
 of the box itself, it works.

Anyone some clue why?

cheers,
&rw
--
-- "Women novelists are a bit like a dog walking
-- upon his hind legs; he does not do it well but