Re: gnome and gpm

Derya PALANCI <derya@egelisesi.k12.tr> writes:
DP> Anybody know how i can manage these:
DP>
DP> I don't want the gnome starts when i boot
DP>
DP> I don't want the gpm starts when i boot

You can remove the packages you don't care about, with 'dpkg --remove
gpm' or 'apt-get remove gdm'.  If you have any X display manager
installed (gdm, xdm, wdm), it will by default start at boot time.
(You could also leave the display manager installed but disable it by
changing the links in /etc/rc?.d.)

DP> And i want to see the tops of the windows when i'm working in
DP> gnome... in mandrake i can just click somewhere in the window and
DP> drag it but in debian??

This sounds like a function of your window manager, not of your Linux
distribution.  You might try using a different window manager, of
which many are included in Debian.  There's a nice overview page at
http://www.plig.org/xwinman/ containing screen shots of most of the
available X window managers.

	-- Abra Mitchell