3 problems: Printing with CUPS, Kernel boot parameters, and KDE login.

1.
I Have a lexmark 3200 printer. Using Kups, i configured my printer. The
cupsomatic driver doesnt work at all, and the gimp print will print, but with
some problems.

When i tried to print a test page, it got about a quarter way down the page,
then stopped, the head moved all the way to the right, and both lights on the
printer started alternately blinking.

When i printed a jpeg, it printed fairly accurately, but when it was done,
the lights were blinking on and off in the same way. It seems it does this
every time when it prints something.

2.
using Grub, my linux entry looks like this:

title Debian kernel 2.4.5-k6
root (hd0,1)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.5-k6 root = /dev/hda2 ro idebus=66 hdd=ide-scsi
initrd /boot/initrd-2.4.5-k6

however, when it boots, it does not set idebus to 66, it defaults to 33, and
tells me to "add idebus=xx", which i did. It also does not insert the module
ide-scsi, and does not start emulation.

Also, how do i set my AGP speed to 2x instead of 1x?

3.
When i log into KDE, it takes an abnormally long time to load everything. it
takes nearly 30 seconds. I have an AMDk6-2 450, with 256megs ram. It should
be super fast, but is not. what is going on here?

any help would be great, thanks!