XF86Setup problem

Hello,

I already asked this question in my local linux ng, but the answer were
not that helpfull. So I hope somebody can give me an answer here.
I would like to reconfigure X windows on my machine. Especially the
grafical settings need some finetuning. I would like to change resolutions
and add virtual screen. So I start XF86Setup as root, but I get this
error:
Tomsk:~# XF86Setup &
[1] 23274
Tomsk:~# Error in database, invalid reference: ET4000/W32 (generic).
Error in database, invalid reference: ET4000/W32 (generic).
Error in database, invalid reference: ET4000/W32 (generic).
Error in database, invalid reference: Generic VGA compatible.
Error in database, invalid reference: Generic VGA compatible.
Warning CHIPSET specification missing in Card database entry S3 Savage4
(line 1442).
Warning SERVER specification missing in Card database entry Trident
TGUI9420 (generic) (line 2186).
Warning SERVER specification missing in Card database entry Trident
TGUI9440 (generic) (line 2191).
Warning SERVER specification missing in Card database entry Trident
TGUI9660 (generic) (line 2196).
Warning SERVER specification missing in Card database entry Trident
TGUI9680 (generic) (line 2201).
Warning SERVER specification missing in Card database entry Trident Cyber
9320 (generic) (line 2218).

Any idea what the problem is?
Also some guy suggested using xf86config instead. So I tried this too.
However, when I restart gdm using the new XF86Config file I get a black
screen, so no X. Actually there is a small '+' sign in the upper left
corner.
I guess this has someting to do with the graphical card I choose from the
database.
I have an Nvidia Riva TNT II Pro. In the specs of my graphics card I also
find 128-bit high performance accelarator. In the database there is
RIVATNT2 and RIVA128. I don't really know which one to choose. I tried
both but none seem to work.
Any suggestions here?

Thanks, Regards
-Jeroen-