Re: resizing a partition with GNU parted

burningclown> Unfortunately, the
burningclown> partition I want to resize (/dev/hda3) is the one where
burningclown> parted is installed -- when I run parted and try to
burningclown> resize /dev/hda3, I get a warning telling me that the
burningclown> partition is in use.

burningclown> Is this warning safe to ignore? I'm real doubtful. The

No. Never ignore that warning!

You will have to create a boot disk to resize that partition. IIRC,
there is a pre-made image available from the parted website. You could
try that one. (Since you have an IDE disk, it should work.)

If it doesn't work, you *will* have to create your own boot disks.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <ggeens@capgemini.be>