From: Steve Kowalik [mailto:stevenk@hasnolife.com]
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 3:03 PM
To: Noah L. Meyerhans
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Currency of packages

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 10:20:52PM -0400, Noah L. Meyerhans uttered:
> I don't agree.  I think "stable" is an innapropriate name.  The prime
> example for this is slink, which included GNOME 0.3.something.  This was
> released after GNOME 1.0 came out.  Let me tell you, there was nothing
> at all "stable" about GNOME 0.3 ever.  I wish we could come up with
> better terms than stable, testing, and unstable.  I have yet to think of
> any, though.

I usually tell my friends:
"Rock-solid" == stable
"Mildly Annoying" == testing
"Look out for that bus!" == unstable

But, I doubt I'm going to sway anyone with names like that. :-)

--
                                                    Steve
  "I'm a sysadmin because I couldn't beat a blind monkey in a coding