How do I pass init= to the kernel?

When trying to install Debian from a DOS partition, using loadlin, the
kernel booted, but then I got the following message:

Partition check:
 hda: hda1 hda2 hda3 < hda5 hda6 hda7 >
RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block invalid compressed format
(err=2)<6>apm: BIOS version 1.1 Flags 0x03
(Driver version 1.13)
apm: disabled on user request.
EXT2-fs warning: checktime reached, running e2fsck is recommended
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Freeing unused kernel memory: 156k freed
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k binfmt-464c, errno = 2
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k binfmt-464c, errno = 2
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.
ide0: unexpected interrupt, status=0x80, count=1

How do I pass init= to the kernel?
I tried

loadlin linux root=/dev/ram initrd=root.bin init=1,

loadlin linux root=/dev/ram initrd=root.bin init=2

and

loadlin linux single root=/dev/ram initrd=root.bin,

but they all give the same error message. What should I do?