Getting Started!

Hi!

I'm new to Debian and to Linux too. (I've just (tried to) installed Debian Potato next to a Win2k.) And I have questions:

How can I get a list of my installed packages. ( dpkg ???)
Does this command list the packages I've installed with mc?
How can I install a bunch of packages with one single command? (I want to install gnome, but I don't really know the package dependencies.) Is there a book I can get from the net that describes Debian? (If it is free... :o) )

Thanx

HawkY