Re: Re. Total Confusion

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 04:36:58AM -0700, Sidney Brooks wrote:
:Thanks to Steve Kowalik, who wrote the following, the problem if not the
:solution is becoming clear.

:I have Windows on partition hda1, Redhat on hda6, and Debian on hda8.
:Because of what Steve wrote, I did uname -a for Redhat and got 2.2.14-5.0.
:It seems that when I install Debian, it grabs the Redhat kernel instead of
:installing its own. The only link is that I am using the same swap partiton
:for both.
:
:Now what?

Sharing swap should be fine, I bet your lilo installs are
conflicting.  I've never run two Linux OS's on the same machine, but
that's my guess.

What is the output of "ls -l /vmlinuz" on your Debian root partition?

-Jon