Re: Getting modules.conf to load sound at startup

Chris> I've managed to get sound working on an SB16 sound card
Chris> (manually modprobing from the command line works), but I'm
Chris> having trouble trying to get it to load at bootup. Yes, I did
Chris> run update-modules after each change... but after reboot no
Chris> sound drivers are present according to lsmod, and dmesg shows
Chris> no sound-related messages. Must be some nuance I'm missing
Chris> here...

The file modules.conf describes the dependencies between different
modules. If you want to load them automatically, add them to
/etc/modules .

In your case, you only need to add a line with `sb' in it. The other
modules are loaded automatically.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <ggeens@capgemini.be>