Re: exim is making me crazy

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 10:28:57PM +0200, General Alcazar wrote:
> So, can somebody tell me what I have to do so that exim begins
> to wait for incoming SMTP connections?
 [ ... ]

Glad to meet you.  It made me crazy too.  Try looking at the following
guide.  Below is the link and the relevant section.  Does it help?
Bye for now, Robert.

  http://www.lafn.org/~cymbala/Debian/t4700ct.html#mmc_email

--
Make sure SMTP is listening (if it's not listening, this command will
have no output):

      netstat -a | grep -i smtp

If not (SMTP is not listening if above command gives no output):

      Add a line for SMTP to /etc/inetd.conf...
         #:MAIL: Mail, news and uucp services.
         smtp stream tcp nowait mail /usr/sbin/exim exim -bs
      Stop and start internet super-server:
           /etc/init.d/inetd stop
           /etc/init.d/inetd start
      Check again:
        netstat -a | grep -i smtp

--
     Robert Cymbala cymbaLa@Lafn.org ...or... rCymbala@yahoo.com
    QUEBEC CITY -- The leaders of 34 Western Hemisphere nations...