Re: fakeroot problem

On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 05:55:35AM +0800, csj wrote:
> With fakeroot 0.4.4-9.2,  a build exits with
>
> ----[stderr abridged and graciously spaced for clarity]----
>
> /usr/bin/perl: error while loading shared libraries:
> libfakeroot.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> dh_shlibdeps: command returned error code
>
> make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1
>
> ----[stderr abridged and graciously spaced for clarity]----
>
> Build is successful however when I downgrade to fakeroot 0.4.4-9.1.
> What's surprising is that this problem doesn't occur with all source
> packages. I have confirmed this for nautilus, kdebase (2.1.1.0), and
> xfree86. Smaller packages like aumix tend to compile successfully.

Apparently, this happens when building packages where LD_LIBRARY_PATH is
set somewhere during the build, see bug #98766. I guess the solution is to
either downgrade fakeroot or go into the Makefile (or Makefile.in) of
effected packages and edit them so that the old LD_LIBRARY_PATH included
when they change to the new LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I don't know if you would file
this as a bug against the effected package; I guess it depends on if
fakeroot is going to be fixed (maybe not since according to bug #98766 the
change is necessary for sparc64)

--
Harry Henry Gebel
West Dover Hundred, Delaware