Re: Installation Problems

                  >> two other unformatted Linux partitions(70MB and
210MB). The partitions
                  >> were made with Partition Manager, a very basic
DOS-utility.

                  >Why?  If you are doing a vanilla install, creating
partitions are part of
                  >the install ...

I didn't know it was part of the install. Besides, I didn't want to
loose the data on the dos partition.
                  >hmmm another why .... you said above the partitions
are unformated so, other
                  >than the files on the floppy, where is the rest of
the install?

I was planning on doing it all over floppies, as described in the
"official" installation guide, found at
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install, section 5.5.3.

                 >go to the local computer market or Linux shop etc
and buy the Potatoe cd.
                 >My first one cost me $5.00 AU about $10.00 US you
will save this 10 times
                 >over in man hours and thinking time alone!

Problem is, my Laptop doesn't have a CD-drive. Maybe I'll end up doing
this anyways because I'm planning on installing Debian on my main
computer, wich now is still running windows, and has a CD-drive.