Re: Total confusion

It's quite impossible to dianose at this level - you've provided no
specific information.

- What happens when you try to print something to your printer?
- What filtering mechanism are you using for your
printer? magicfilter? Have you tried using magicfilterconf to set it up?
- What happens when you try to connect to the internet?
- What are the output of ifconfig, route -n, and traceroute before and
after you try to connect?
- What, if any, messages are in the logs?
- Have you read the printing HOWTO and the ISP-Hookup HOWTO and the PPP
HOWTO? At what point did your experience diverge from these?

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
    Asst Professor of Sociology, U of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA