Re: USB CD burner recommendations?

On Thursday 31 May 2001 22:11, Andrew D Dixon wrote:
> Max Kamenetsky wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > Do you have any recommendations on a fast external USB-based CD burner
>
> I've never tried this and my info is probably a bit out of date, but,
> the last time I looked at the CD burning howto it said that cd burning
> did not work over USB.  This may have changed in the meantime but I'd
> look carefully before buying anything.
>
> later,
>
> Andy

Linux Magazine UK did an article on USB storage devices in the February 2001
issue (issue No 5), and the Iomega Zip CD 650 was rated as the most
compatible with Linux. However, the article made it clear that you needed to
have the 2.4 kernel installed to get this, or any other, USB CDR drive to
work properly.

regards,
Robert