Re: USB CD burner recommendations?

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 03:22:18PM -0700, Max Kamenetsky wrote:
> Do you have any recommendations on a fast external USB-based CD burner
> that works well with the latest kernels (we're running 2.4.5 here)?
> Any suggestions would be appreciated!

i'm using the old iomega zip 650 cd with my laptop over usb.  it works
nicely, though it's far from fast -- it's only a 4x.  i think the
speed may be a bit limitted due to usb.  i saw an ad for a new iomega
usb burner which dodes 8x or something, but it requires a later
revision of usb spec.  i don't know how this applies to linux or your
hardware.

i have hotplug recognizing the device upon connection, and it loads up
the usb-scsi emulation, which assigns it a device in the scsi series,
and i just treat it as a scsi device.  it's quite reliable!  i have
burnt very few ``coasters''.

--
| glynis@hjsoft.com         http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |