Re: stop users telnet

Use /bin/false as the users' shell, or alternatively write your own (more
informative) one to tell them what's up:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

print "Sorry... Mike doesn't want you logging into this machine.\n";
exit 1;

   Andrew J. Perrin - Assistant Professor of Sociology
        University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
269 Hamilton Hall CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA
   andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin