Re: Setting up NIS

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 11:53:44AM -0500, Dave Sherohman uttered:

> Check.  I actually had tried shutting down NFS and then stopping and starting
> portmapper and NIS in various combinations yesterday; NIS gives a completely
> different set of errors when portmapper is shut down.

I seem to recall have to add yp entries to /etc/services for NIS to work
correctly. I can't really recall, it 4am, and it's been ages since I did it.
It was easier /etc/services or some portmap file. I can't be certain.

--
                                                    Steve
  "I'm a sysadmin because I couldn't beat a blind monkey in a coding contest."