Re: /etc/mail/nsswitch.conf (and /etc/mail/service.switch*)

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Andrew Pollock wrote:

> > Install Beta10-1,Beta7-9, or if they're not yet available, add this to
> > /etc/mail/sendmail.mc:
> > define(`confBIND_OPTS', `+WorkAroundBrokenAAAA')dnl
> >
> > run sendmailconfig (or make)
> >
> > restart/reload sendmail
>
> That was amazing. The mail queue is like nearly empty now. What does it do
> exactly? In what way is one of my nameservers b0rked?

>From /usr/share/doc/sendmail-doc/op.txt.gz:
	Use   "WorkAroundBrokenAAAA"  when
	faced with a a broken nameservers that  returns  SERV­
	FAIL  (a  temporary  failure) on T_AAAA (IPv6) lookups
	during hostname canonification.

The truely correct thing would be to find which nameserver is fubar and
lart its admin until things are correct...  This is just a stop-gap
measure to keep us up and running.

--
Rick Nelson
<_Anarchy_> Argh.. who's handing out the paper bags  8)