Re: abbreviations for non-native english speakers

Joerg Johannes wrote:
> Hi list
>
> As a non-native english speaker, I sometimes find it difficult to figure
> out, what some abbreviations mean. It took me rather long to find out,
> that "hth" means "Hope This Helps", and so on.
> Could some of you explain to me (and, I'm sure, to some others as well)
> what the FUA (Frequently Used Abbrevs) mean?

use dict (if nobody else has mentioned it already).

You may be interested in a couple of Debian specific acronyms as well:
<http://www.infodrom.ffis.de/Debian/doc/acronyms.html>

Regards,

	Joey

--
The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
	-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum