recompiling the debian way...

Hi there,

Since I'm new to this list. I don't know if this *off-topic*...

I'm having trouble installing my new kernel package. When I do a
dpkg --install /usr/src/mynewkernelpkg...

It complains that there is a conflict with pcmcia-module not being the same
release number. Then quits...

I don't wanna use pcmcia on my setup since there is none. I read somewhere
that you can remove it.. (how?) or just compile it in. I couldn't find info
on it and I'm at a loss.. and stuck here. Can anyone help me since I'm new
to deb packages?.

Debian version is Newton 1.0(Progeny)
kernel 2.2.19

TIA

Attention!!!... Attention!!!...
Radicaux Libres is undergoing changes... we have now changed our domain name
to radicaux.com... so PLEASE change your address book accordingly. Thanks.

Yves Berthiaume
Radicaux, Solutions Technologiques
5378 Clark st., Montreal
Quebec Canada,