Re: crontab running scripts

I'd verify to see if you put the paths to these
external programs into the PATH variable it would
work.
you can type

$export PATH = <path to progs1>:<path to progs2>:$PATH

<path to progs> = the absolute path of the external
programs you are calling. If there are more than one,
like the above example, use colons to separate.

If that works, then add these paths to your PATH
variable at startup. If you are using the bash shell,
I believe it's in .bashrc (could be .bash_profile, I'm
not 100% sure and I'm at work). Whatever shell you are
using, the startup files will be found in your Home
directory. Anyway, look for the PATH definition and
add to it.