Re: Some sugestions of cheanges

<maniac666@poland.com> wrote:
>I'm using debian for something about 10 month and after that I have a
>few sugestions :)

Most of these should be wishlist bugs rather than posts to debian-user,
so that the maintainers who can actually do something about them see
them. See <URL:http://bugs.debian.org/>.

>3. In new deb package of apache 1.3.19 every configuration is made in
>one file (/etc/apache/httpd.conf). I segest to make it like in version
>1.3.9

Upstream moved to one big file long ago, so presumably that's why Debian
followed them.

  http://www.apache.org/info/three-config-files.html

>4. In dupendecy is package SSH2, but it has no avaible version. I've
>tried to install SSH2 from package designed for unstable version, and
>it works fine. But I vant to use SSH 2 protocol with compatibility with
>SSH 1 protocol. Package SSH 2 can provide SSH 1 protocol, but only with
>installed SSH1 package. But packages SSH1 and SSH2 are in conflict in
>dupendecy tree. I don't know why but i sugest to cheange it as soon as
>possible.

ssh (from unstable) can do ssh2 itself. You're mixing distributions, so
the dependencies aren't guaranteed to be consistent.

>5. Sendmail is in overdated version it is verry heavy to configure it
>for normal work as a internet mail server. It is verry dificult to add
>'Relaing support'. I made it after 3 days of wondering what is wrong.

Don't use sendmail then :) exim is a good alternative.

>8. When installing package pine-src i sugest You to add to dupendecy
>packages witch are needed to build pine (make, build, gcc, libc6-dev,
>and one more but for now I don't remember witch one)

Those packages are considered build-essential, and aren't normally
mentioned in build-dependencies.

>9. When new editor is instaled the '/bin/editor'
>symlink doesn't cheanges. I sugest You to add to
>editor packages question If the user wants o make
>installed editor (for example jed) default editor.

There's a sequence of priorities for editors, but if you want to change
them try 'update-alternatives'.

Cheers,