Re: Using tar saving Disk-space [was: apt-get offline]

Well, I know how to use tar in general. Zipping the .debs is not
necessary because they are already zipped. What I meant is: The .tar
file takes the same amount of space as the .debs themselves. So after
having tarred them , I need twice the space as before. So I want to
delete each .deb after having it added to the .tar archive (to avoid
exceeding my disk quota ;-) )

joerg

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.