Re: csh [was: Using tar saving Disk-space]

Andrew Suffield wrote:

> On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 10:36:13AM +0200, Joerg Johannes wrote:
> > How would this look for the csh?
>
> I'm going to assume you're just plain unaware of this:
>
> csh programming Considered Harmful
>
> Somebody can probably provide a link to a copy of the essay. csh
> scripts are a majorly Bad Idea[tm]. It has been obsolete for years,
> and may it's fetid corpse never surface again. I suggest you try
> bash script or perl or something...

The problem is: this box is not my own, in fact, it is not even a debian
one (Sun Solaris) and, the worst of all: It only runs csh because the
admin does not like bash (I hate csh, too)

joerg
--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.