Re: Qt2-gl - help!

Hola~

>-- On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 02:42:07PM +0200, % wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 11:57:34AM +0100, Cliff Rowley wrote:
> > Whilst trying to compile and install the CVS version of KMail (apparently
> > with IMAP support) last night, I installed the Qt2 and kde dev
> > packages.  The only problem is that the install removed Qt2-gl and now I
> > cant get it back.  I am just told that Qt2 is the latest version.  If I
> > try to remove Qt2 it (obviously) tries to remove all its dependencies -
> > yet it had no trouble removing it yesterday.
>
> The latest QT2 is compiled with GL support by default, thus obsoleting
> qt2-gl.

I have the following installed:

    ii  libqt2                    2.3.0-final-5             Qt GUI Library (runtime version).

The package contains libqt.so.2.3.0 and libqt.so.2.3.0_nogl (which are both
~5meg). libqt.so was pointing to libqt.so.2.3.0_nogl, so you will need to
change the link to point to libqt.so.2.3.0 to get gl support.

It would great if the installation allowed you to configure this package so
that only one or both versions of libqt are installed. Also, it would be
wonderful if the configure script let you choose which version of libqt
libqt.so is pointing to.

MO

    (snip) 8<----

--
Michael O'Brien                                                         Tools
Pixar                                                       mobrien@pixar.com

VIZZINI: You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is
         never get involved in a land war in Asia. But only slightly less
         well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on
         the line. Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Ha ha ha ha ha--