Re: Sound Blaster 16 PnP

Hi:
I use Sound Blaster AWE64 and found this one to be very helpful:

  "Configuring Sound in Debian GNU/Linux"
  http://www.tux.org/~tbr/sound-debian/
     Last modified 02/27/01 05:43:01
     Ted Ruegsegger
     tbr@tux.org

It's very recent and is more up-to-date than some of the HOWTOs and
Mini-HOWTOs.  For example, some older documentation goes into detail
about the kernel, and how it needs to be recompiled.  Whereas the
above guide says:
   "If you're using an out-of-the-box kernel, it almost certainly has
    support already compiled in for all likely modules, including
    sound, so you don't need to do any further configuration."

Cheers,
Robert

--
     Robert Cymbala cymbaLa@Lafn.org ...or... rCymbala@yahoo.com
    QUEBEC CITY -- The leaders of 34 Western Hemisphere nations...