ISDN

I am trying to set up an account for a provider (btinternet) which uses CHAP
authentication.  Although dial-in is successful the connection to the server
is not established.  The key line in /var/log/messages seems to be:

LCP: Timeout sending Config-Requests

Connection is then terminated locally.  I have checked and re-checked my
configuration and feel I must be missing something obvious.  Using what
appear to be the same settings I have managed to connect to this provider on
another PC running SuSe 7.0.

I am running potato on a PII 350.  Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks.

--
Howard Baker
howard.baker@clara.co.uk